Terms & Conditions
The prices on our quotes, bookings and invoices are valid for 2 weeks.
Customer collection and return:
- Standard collection times are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am – 4pm. As our office closes at 4pm customers must arrive in advance of 4pm allowing ample time to load & unload their vehicle or they will be charged additionally to cover staff overtime.
- It is the customer/hirer’s responsibility to check that the date & all items clearly stated on the invoice/booking form are correct.
- When collecting items, the customer needs to ensure they have an appropriate vehicle to do so. To reduce the risks of any damage to our products and your vehicle please ensure you have ropes/tie downs and blankets.
- Customer collections must be completed in a single trip.
- Any damage to items made in transit will be taken from the customers bond at the cost to replace/repair. In the case where there is a breakage or damage on an item which exceeds the amount of the bond paid, it will be at the customers cost to repair/replace the item.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to load their vehicle upon collection and unload at the time of return. Although we are happy to help, not all our staff which are onsite are not trained to do so. If you are unable to load the vehicle yourself please ensure you bring assistance or request delivery at the time of booking (additional fees apply).
Delivery and collection services:
- Standard delivery times are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am – 4pm. Outside of these hours there may be additional fees which will need to be advised at the time of booking.
- It is the customer/hirer’s responsibility to check that the delivery date, address & all items clearly stated on the invoice/booking form are correct. The hirer will be charged additionally for any inconvenience incurred due to incorrect delivery address or dates where our representative may attend & is unable to complete delivery.
- Quotes to include delivery & collection are based on the assumption that we have drive in, onsite access to the drop off point. Further to this items will be unloaded as per request within a reasonable distance (15-20mtrs) from the vehicle & without requiring access via stairs or lifts. We are more than happy to adjust service charges to accommodate lengthy & labour intensive deliveries at the time of booking. Additional charges will be applied if our drivers arrive onsite to find that access & loading does not fall within these boundaries.
- All items (unless specified) do not include set up. Our drivers are not required to set up the items hired. You are welcome to request a quote for additional services such as set up and pack down during or before confirming your order.
- Upon collection all items must to be stacked, clean and ready to go; in a secure location out of the weather. This is the customer’s responsibility. Customers will be charged for extra time our staff spend gathering and stacking items before they’re loaded on to our vehicles.
- As we are unable to provide specific delivery & collection times our drivers will call prior to arrival. Please ensure that the contact number given is monitored.
- If no one is home at the time of delivery and no prior arrangements were made for an unoccupied delivery, the customer will be charged a second delivery fee for the driver to return.
- We are happy to accommodate an unoccupied delivery upon prior request providing there is a safe, undercover space within a reasonable distance (20m) from where we can access our vehicle. Once unoccupied delivery is executed equipment is the responsibility of the customer. Therefore any damages or equipment missing/stolen as a result of unoccupied delivery will be repaired or replaced at the sole expense of the hirer.
Cleaning and loss of bond:
- All items are to be returned clean (except for linen) and undamaged to ensure refund of your bond in full.
- All breakages & losses will be charged per item and deducted from the bond. The customer will then be refunded the difference.
- In the case where there is a breakage or damage to an item/items which exceeds the amount of the bond paid, the customer will be liable & invoiced the difference.
- All crockery, cutlery and glassware must be washed and dry before packing back into boxes ready for collection or prior to return. Unwashed items require additional cleaning upon return to our warehouse & will therefore incur additional charges.
- All hire equipment is the responsibility of the customer whilst in their possession.
- Late returns will be charged at daily rates & deducted from the bond.
Equipment installed by GC Events:
- In accordance with our liability insurance certain items to include but not limited to: - Stages, dance floors, coolrooms, marquees & PA packages must be delivered & installed by our team.
- Once installed equipment is not to be moved, repositioned or adjusted without the express written permission of Gold Coast Events & Party Hire.
- In addition to security bond, credit card details are required to confirm all marquee bookings.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the area in which the marquee is to be installed is vacant & free of anything that may impede installation prior to our installers arriving onsite. (ie/ marquees will not be installed over pools, ponds or water features without prior arrangement) Should our staff arrive onsite to find they cannot install the marquee because of trees, fences, clothes line etc. in the proposed area a refund will not be provided.
- Crepe Paper is NOT to be used in or around marquees for decoration or other purposes. The dye from crepe paper will run causing irreparable damage with replacement cost liable by customer.
- Once installed marquees are not to be moved, repositioned or adjusted without the written consent of Gold Coast Events & Party Hire.
- Gold Coast Events & Party Hire is not responsible for marquees, structures or equipment causing any injury to any person or damage to property in regards to extreme weather conditions such as: high winds, hail, electrical storms, floods or cyclones.
- Marquees will not be set up or taken down in the dark due to obvious safety concerns. Upon prior arrangement marquees can be installed after hours under flood lights at the hirer’s expense.
- All marquees & equipment remain under the control of Gold Coast Events & Party Hire at all times & can be removed or taken down at our discretion without warning or prior notice, should we deem it necessary or where we believe injury may result otherwise.
- Although all reasonable care is taken, Gold Coast Events & Party Hire accept no responsibility for any damages that may be caused as a result of the installation &/or dismantling of marquees, etc.
Festoon & Fairy Lights:
- Festoon & Fairy lights are expected to be returned or ready for collection in the same condition they are sent out.
- Customers will be charged additionally if lights are not separated or returned in their original packaging.
- All payments including delivery, collection & bond must be paid prior to delivery
- All articles except for linen (which should be aired to avoid mildew) must be returned clean. Failing this, additional charges will apply.
- All shortages, damage to equipment and packaging must be paid for at the replacement value.
- Additional cleaning charges will apply to any item returned damaged, dirty, stained, wet etc.
- The hirer shall accept all responsibility for any injury to persons or damage to property that may arise by the use of any equipment hereby hired, however such injury may occur or be caused.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Full payment is required to confirm your booking of which 40% is a non refundable booking fee.
- Booking fees paid are non refundable due to cancellation, change of date or change of mind. Postponing a confirmed booking is considered a cancellation.
- Cancellations 72 hours (or more) before the commencement date of your hire will be entitled to a refund less the 40% booking fee. Delivery fees and Collection fees will be refunded.
- There will be no refund on bookings cancelled within 72 hours of the commencement date of the hire period. Delivery and Collection fees (if applicable) will be refunded and so will the bond (if applicable.
By proceeding with bookings customers understand and agree to terms and conditions documented above.